DirectInteraction is a Scripting Xtra for Macromedia Director which provides Director applications with additional capabilities to interact with the user.
By using DirectInteraction Xtra, Director applications can:
- Place icons on the tray bar (also known as the taskbar's status area) to represent the application and serve as status indicators.
Get notification upon user interaction with tray bar icons.
Tray bar icons include transparency support, can be set from image cast members and may be animated or modified in real time.
- Display balloon ToolTips over the tray bar.
Get notification when the balloon ToolTip is shown, clicked or timed out.
- Get notification when the user drops file(s) on the Director stage.
Obtain the full pathname of the dropped file(s) as well as the dropping point coordinates.
- Create, display and manipulate context pop-up menus (also known as shortcut menus) which can be displayed anywhere on the screen and may include nested sub menus.
- Get notification when the user rotates the mouse wheel, moves the mouse or presses one of its buttons, including support for the mouse middle and extra buttons.
- Get notification when the user switches to or from the application.
- Get notification when the screen saver activates.
The Xtra is available for Director 7 and above and is compatible with Windows 9X and newer (including 2000, ME, NT, XP).
36 South Court Sq
Newnan, GA 30263